Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 13:45:44 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Hello Adam

I am the person named in panel 7 of the AP1 from . I am neither the Applicant , Transferor , or transferee . I am not a practicing Solicitor .  I am simply sending to the LR all the relevant forms in respect of a whole title transfer .

Please can you tell whether I need to complete an ID3 for myself ?

Kind regards

Gareth Hudson 
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 14:31:01 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gareth - every party to an application, including the person lodging it, needs to have their identity verified as appropriate
Posted Fri, 26 May 2023 14:33:44 GMT by Adam Hookway
HM Land Registry is currently reviewing its support for members of the public. We’d like your views to help improve our service to you. Please fill in our anonymous survey

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 08:31:09 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Hello There 

I am seeking to remove a charge from our property in favour of my father . We have now settled all monies outstanding which the charge supported . I undersyand from the guidance that the form to be used is DS1 and that that should be accompanied by API and also ID1 .  

I wonder if you could please confirm that I am correct and if I am not whether you could point me to the correct forms .

With Kind Regards

Gareth Hudson 
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:00:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gareth - form DS1 to discharge the charge plus form AP1 or DS2 to apply. Form ID1 or ID3 to then verify your identity.
Our forms can be viewed and downloaded from GOV.UK
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:04:57 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Adam

Thank you for replying so quickly  . Could you let me know which of the forms are to be completed by the lender and which if any by the borrower . 
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 09:47:00 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gareth - the lender must complete and execute form DS1. Either can then complete AP1/DS2 and one/both parties as appropriate have  their identities verified.
The 'simplest' option is that the lender does it all so the borrower doesn't have to have their identity verified
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 12:03:06 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Ah .. ok ... thank you Adam  . So as the former lender my father will execute a DS1  , AP1 and  iD1 ?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:06:56 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gareth - correct or use the DS2 instead of AP1 as 'easier' to use and specific to a DS1 also
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:32:39 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Father is unable to have his ID  verified by a conveyancer and therefore  has completed  DS1 and put it together with ID3 .

The DS1 seems to be the relevant form for cancelation of entries relating to a registered charge when a person is not using a solicitor or conveyancer ?   

He therefore has in his bundle the forms that one would use if one is not taking legal advice or using a conveyancer . 

A person wishing to complete this exercise without a solicitor should complete

DS1 --  the form setting out the title details , the lender and the withness 
           ID3   -  Certificate of ID for a private individual  
          AP1   -  ?

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:36:19 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gareth - that is all correct/. I simply flagged the 'easier' option of using form DS2 instead of AP1
They are both application forms so either can be used. But form DS2 is specific to an application to discharge a legal charge using form DS1.
Form AP1 is a generic form for all types of application to update the register as a whole.
The choice is his
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:42:11 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Thanks for your help Adam ...   kind regards Gareth 
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:10:55 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Adam

I am finding it difficult to find the exact address to which the DS1 , DS2 , ID3 should be sent . Are you able to provide that address ?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:15:42 GMT by Adam Hookway
Gareth - use our standard address
HM Land Registry Citizen Centre
PO Box 74
Gloucester
GL14 9BB
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:18:12 GMT by Gareth Hudson
Adam .. thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in