Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 21:01:00 GMT by Andy Budd
I am voluntarily registring (First Registration) but it says for ID purposes I dont need to complete ID3 or ID4, how to I varify ID.
Title deeds are in my late fathers name only and wish to update to my mothers name, now my father has passed away.
House not bought or sold since 1958
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 06:27:49 GMT by Adam Hookway
Andy - if the deeds are in your late Father's sole name then the property needs to be transferred by his executor and as such that triggers a compulsory first registration. So you will need ID1/conveyancer or ID3/others as listed in PG 67 as appropriate for both the executor and your Mother
Not relevant now as it's a compulsory registration but it would only be a voluntary application if your late Father was still alive and being registered as the owner. And identity verification would then only be required if the deeds had been lost 
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:16:05 GMT by Andy Budd

I applied last September (2023) and still I have not heard anything, is that normal?  Any idea on timescales for a compulsory application, is there any way of checking progress.

Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:15:43 GMT by Adam Hookway
Andy - yes, very normal as we do have a backlog of this type of work and you should expect at least a 14 month wait before processing starts on a first registration. 
Did you get a postal acknowledgement of receipt? If not what's the postal address of the property
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 17:01:31 GMT by Andy Budd

Hi, No Postal acknowledgment, thats worrying??

Postal address is :-

23 Greenland Road

WORTHING

BN13 2RR

Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2024 07:31:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Andy - received 30th October WSX443505 - LE6C471
Wait times re processing are on average around 14 months currently so a long wait still. We will contact you as appropriate when processing starts/completes
I suspect you didn't get a postal acknowledgement either because the form FR1 was incomplete re re panel 7 or the post failed
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2024 19:39:58 GMT by Andy Budd
Hi Adam, I have looked at Question / Panel 7 on the FR1, I must must be missing something as it looks ok to me??
Can't paste in the info.
Thanks for the updates and info, very good of you, but as you say still and long long way to go.

Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 05:53:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Andy - it's probably a moot point but there's no name or postal address included and acknowledgements are sent to a name and postal address only. That's done on receipt by an external organisation who then scan the paperwork etc
It's moot now as you now know we received it and likely timescale

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in