Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 19:27:08 GMT by Jorge Dominguez
My parents jointly owned the leasehold of a flat and a share of the freehold. The freehold is shared with the owners of another flat in the same building. My father passed away earlier this year and my mother is the sole beneficiary of his estate and has been granted administration. I am assisting her with these matters and have a few questions pertaining to form DJP. Do I need to complete separate forms for the leasehold and the freehold? If I do, can I send the two of them together enclosing one copy of the 'Letters of Administration'? For the freehold, do I need to include the other owners of the freehold as applicants and get them to also sign the form?

Many thanks
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 19:32:52 GMT by Jorge Dominguez
In addition to the above, the freehold is owned as tenants in common.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 07:47:31 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jorge - just the one form DJP plus death certificate required and ensure it refers to both title numbers. The other freeholders don't need to sign the form.
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 10:19:05 GMT by Jorge Dominguez

Great, thanks. The death certificate is in Spanish, my father passed away whilst in Spain. I assume enclosing a Letter of Administration would be OK?

Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:46:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
Jorge - as long as the proof of death is in English or an authorised translation is included

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in