Skip to main content
Posted Sat, 21 Oct 2023 14:50:35 GMT by Kay Neville
I need your help before my sister and I complete our ID1, ID3, AP1 and AS1 forms and send them to Land Registry with the Grant of Probate so that we can change the ownership of my deceased mother's property to both our names equally:

• Can my sister submit ID3 as she has a current UK passport that has not expired and knows several people who would qualify as verifier while I will have to submit ID1 as I am a UK passport holder but my full UK passport has expired? (I still have this passport)
  • It's a pity that Land Registry do not accept full current UK driving licence as proof of ID if combined with other supporting docs - then I could use form ID3 instead of ID1 which incurs further expenses.
  • ID3 – 1.10 and ID1 – 1.11 - the type of application is Assent? Or Transfer and Assent?
  • AP1-
    • Panel 4- do we just put the market value of the property in the middle column, or do we add “Full market value is £x after the word “assent” in the first column, which Adam Hookaway noted in his response to a previous query? (we’re not selling to anyone)
    • panel 5 – do we just put Grant of Probate or also put ID1 and ID3 and Photocopies of personal details pages on passports? (i.e. my sister’s and her verifier’s)
    • panel 7 – can we put both our names and addresses and contact details or just mine (I’m still living in the property in question, my sister lives long distance away from me)
    • panel 14 – do we put “transferor” or “transferee” after our names – we are not selling the property to anyone and neither of us is giving up our individual share to the other one.
Many thanks for your help, it’s truly appreciated.

Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 13:57:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Kay - I am sorry for the delay in responding but your post was hidden from view for some reason until now

Your sister can complete and submit a form ID3 with the verifier being one of those listed in PG 67 as you state. If your passport has expired then you will need to have your identity verified using form ID1 and verified by a conveyancer or others as named on the form itself.

There is always a line to be drawn re what is required as evidence of identity and the manner in which verification takes place. Whilst i understand the 'pity' point we have to draw that line where we feel the risk level sits and whilst that may be a hinderance for you it is one you can hopefully overcome but a potential fraudster may struggle to do so.
The form ID3 option is a temporary one also and may be withdrawn in the future 
  • The type of transaction is an Assent as you would be using form AS1. 
  • AP1 panel 4 - add the full current market value of the property so you would complete panel 4 to read Assent - £X (being the value) - £X (being the fee you are paying under Scale 2)
  • Panel 5 - list the documents you are lodging with your form AP1 so ID1, ID3, AS1 and certified copy probate
  • Panel 7 should be completed with the sender's details so if you are sending the paperwork to us then you need only add your details as appropriate. Panel 6 would be where you put both names and contact details for entry on the register itself.
  • Panel 14 - the executor(s) are the transferor(s) whilst the beneficiaries are the transferees
I hope that helps
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:35:59 GMT by Kay Neville
That's very helpful - one last clarification needed - AP1 Panel 14 - as we are both executors and beneficiaries, do we put "transferor and transferee" after each of our names?

Once we've sent the forms to LR will we receive acknowledgement of their receipt?

Many thanks for all your help.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:57:41 GMT by Adam Hookway
Kay - just put both as the forms ID3 and ID1 submitted with the AP1/AS1 will complete the picture/jigsaw for us
No acknowledgement is but the cheque will be banked on receipt so that would confirm receipt 
If you are concerned about postal delivery then ask the delivery agent what secure options they provide.
If it's more a concern of knowing we have it then you can register for our free Property Alert before submitting so that you are alerted by email when received

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in