Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:17:12 GMT by Holly Jannaway
I am completing a DS2 Form to be sent with a DS1 form to remove the charge from my property following repayment of loan.

Could you confirm the following:

Section 4 Documents lodged with this form - DS1 & ID3 entered.  The guidance notes mention certified copies of deeds or documents, do I need to submit a certified copy of deeds or are the DS1 & ID3 forms provided by the lender sufficient?

Section 10 (2) Evidence of identity.  Could you confirm that the evidence of identity is required only for the lender? i.e. not required for the applicant.
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:34:06 GMT by Adam Hookway
Holly - form DS1 and ID3 are fine and we don;t need certified copies of either
We need identity verification for both the lender and applicant if they differ. It's often easier to ask the lender to apply as a result as then only one ID verification needed
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:37:57 GMT by Holly Jannaway
Thank you, so the Lender can be the applicant on the DS2 form in addition to the lender completing the DS1 form?
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 09:40:24 GMT by Adam Hookway
Holly - correct. Anyone can apply but only the lender can execute the DS1 as that's the legal deed.
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:15:55 GMT by Holly Jannaway
Thank you.

For the ID3 Form do I attach a copy of my passport page and a copy of the passport page of the verifier?
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:19:11 GMT by Adam Hookway
Holly - see the requirements guidance online and the form itself for details of what's needed
That states "They must both provide a copy of the personal details page of their passport to HM Land Registry"

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in