Skip to main content
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:09:46 GMT by Carl Selden
Hello

Although I have read the guidance, I am still not clear of the precise requirements and seek confirmation for these questions:

1. I am buyer DIY conveyancer, seller is represented.  So I have to register the TR1 after completion.  My reading of the Identity requirements is that I need an ID1 for myself and and ID1 for the seller plus an ID3 for the seller's conveyancing solicitor firm - is that correct or have I misunderstood?

2. This transaction has been delayed for various reasons, so I have an ID1 for myself that was certified by a conveyancing solicitor more than 3 months ago - for how long will this be accepted as valid when submitting the TR1? I do not see a 3 month time limit post-certification in the guidance, but it does mention that the photo has to be less than 3 months old at the time of certification, which is why I ask this second question.

Thanks in advance for your clarification.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:18:29 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hello Carl - In response to your questions, 

1.  If the application is going to be submitted by you, then we would require a form ID1 or form ID3 for yourself, and a form ID1 for the seller.  The seller's conveyancing solicitor can verify the seller's identity.  We do not need a ID3 for the conveyancer. 

2.  Please refer to the guidance in section 8.1 of our Practice Guide 67 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in