Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:57:08 GMT by Sarah Fa

Hi there,

I'm checking in about the HR1 form (Title no: AGL122663) I posted via First Class on March 12th. Could you kindly confirm whether it has been received on your end?

Additionally, I have a few questions:

1.    How long does it typically take for the HR1 form to be processed and registered?

2.    What is the estimated timeframe for receiving notification to my husband’s address via post once the form is processed?

3.    In the interim period, if any unforeseen circumstances arise, how can I provide proof of my home rights? Is there a specific reference number or documentation I should have readily available? Moreover, should I contact the police in such situations?

Thank you for your attention to this inquiry.

Best,

Sarah

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 13:15:50 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Sarah - received and added to system for processing on 15th March
1. You should expect to wait on average 4+ months. Notice of your rights on the register is protected from that date.
2. How long the post takes will vary geographically but in my experience, once posted, it would be delivered within 4/5 days
3. Proof of 'home rights' would rely on the legal position - whether there's a Notice on the land register does not alter those rights. By adding a Notice to the register you are essentially notifying anyone who checks the register that your rights exist. I'm unsure what 'situations' you are referring to but if you feel threatened or in danger then you should contact the police - again, Notice of your right s on the register would have no bearing on how the Police responded.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 14:22:29 GMT by Sarah Fa

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your prompt response and the information provided.

Just to clarify, does this mean that my home rights won't begin until the registration process is completed in 4+ months?

I'm also in the process of applying for a divorce, and it's important for me to understand my legal rights regarding staying in the house with my daughter during this time. The house is solely on my husbands name and If he asks me to leave under the premise of home rights, do I have a legal right to remain in the house during the divorce process? 

Thank you once again for your assistance.

Best regards,

Sarah

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 15:16:23 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Sarah - no, your application to register the Notice is protected from the date of receipt as mentioned. Your rights already exist.
You'll need legal advice as to what rights you have re the home and remaining in it. That't not something we can advise you one.
I'd recommend online forums such as Mumsnet where such matters are often shared and discussed
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:08:22 GMT by Sarah Fa
Thank you so much for your reply. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in