Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 14:42:25 GMT by Hayley Sivier
Hi,
I hope you can explain to me about the entry Land registry.
my Farher passed away some years ago and trusted my step mum to do the right thing when she passes. I have got a copy of the land registry and she has added her two sons to it,which now one has died and she also has passed away recently, it states family trust ,what does that mean please .
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:34:33 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Hayley  - We would not be privy to what the terms of the Trust would be so it would not be appropriate for us to comment.  You would need to examine the said Trust Deed.
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 18:39:09 GMT by Hayley Sivier
Thanks for the reply where would I find the said trust deed .
Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 06:55:39 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hayley - we don't usually have a copy of the Trust Deed as it's not required when such a restriction is registered. Normally the owners/solicitor will hold the deed/a copy
If yo9u can share the title number we can check to see fi a copy was submitted at the time though
Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 07:37:46 GMT by Hayley Sivier

Title  AV31522 thankyou 

Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 10:17:08 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hayley - many thanks and no copy of the Trust Deed was submitted at the time in 2016. 
The restriction was applied for within the terms of the Transfer dated 17th March 2016 but no copy of the actual deed itself was submitted.
You can apply by post for a copy of the Transfer itself and a copy of an accompanying 'client letter' dated 4th Dec 2015 as addressed to Mrs M Sivier by the solicitor King's Law re the "Asset Protection Trust". That is the only information we hold re the trust/restriction
Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 10:58:03 GMT by Hayley Sivier

Ok Thankyou, as Adrian and Merle are now deceased is Harvey the sole proprietor .

Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 11:12:15 GMT by Adam Hookway

Hayley - he is the sole surviving registered owner although all three are still named on the register. 

What happens next re the trust and 'the right thing' will depend on what the trust arrangement is and the sole surviving owner is of course bound by the restrictions on the title also.

I would recommend seeking legal advice as appropriate both with regards how the trust works, how it might come to an end and next steps re how it protects the beneficial interests of for example your late Father.

Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 11:18:55 GMT by Hayley Sivier

Ok many thanks for all of this info,very helpfull .

Posted Sat, 27 Jan 2024 11:34:21 GMT by Hayley Sivier

Also to clarify,I need a copy of the transfer and a copy of the client accomping letter ,and this I get from land registry ? Many thanks 

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 08:10:05 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hayley - Please see the guidance on our website on GOV.UK on how to obtain copies of any deeds or documents retained by us - https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/copies-of-deeds

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in