Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 13:43:59 GMT by Paz Stanley
HM Land Registry Ref: NB95DD3

Hi I am in the process of purchasing a property in TW2 which is the subject of the above Land Registry application.  I wanted to understand how the application is progressing and the expected timescale for the application process to be completed. Please can you advise? Many thanks
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 13:52:30 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Paz - still with us; expedited; partially processed but we needed more from the conveyancer and they replied yesterday to the request.
So that reply will be reviewed and the case reconsidered and the next stage should be a site visit/survey - the owners and conveyancer will be informed of the need and arrangements re the survey. Ordnance Survey will then visit and report back to us.
If all is in order we would normally carry out wider checks including contacting adjoining landowners so at this stage there's still a way to go before things are completed
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 15:43:16 GMT by Paz Stanley
Thanks for the update.
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:42:22 GMT by Paz Stanley
Hi, just following up on my previous query.  Could you please advise how this case is progressing and whether you have a clearer view on when the application might be approved?
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:47:38 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Paz - so a survey has bene requested so we are waiting for OS to complete that and provide their report. Once they have done that and their report has been reviewed, the final stage should be completing wider checks re adjoining landowners for example
So as things currently stand you are probably still looking at a 4-5 week wait but only IF report is good and wider checks are short-term notifications
TGL613843
Posted Thu, 22 Feb 2024 10:54:19 GMT by Paz Stanley
Many thanks for the update
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 10:28:56 GMT by Paz Stanley
Hi, following my previous query, can you please advise current status of this application and steps still required to reach an outcome? Many thanks
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:29:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Paz - the final stage appears to have bene reached in that wider checks are now underway. Those include contacting the registered owners of the land being claimed and they have until 10th June to respond. Unfortunately the wider checks needed in this case warrant a longer period of time for them to respond. 
I would recommend speaking to your own conveyancer and/or the seller's conveyancer to confirm 
If the recipients respond sooner and correctly/in full then the registration can be completed sooner
TGL613843   
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 11:42:37 GMT by Paz Stanley
Thanks for the update.  I'm curious to know how the Land Registry contacts the registered owners - is this done by sending written notification to the addresses registered on the Title deeds?
Posted Tue, 05 Mar 2024 12:03:45 GMT by Adam Hookway
Paz - that is correct
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:16:03 GMT by Paz Stanley
Understood Adam.  Are there any circumstances under which the notification period may be reduced e.g. registered owners are deceased or registered addresses are no longer in existence?  
Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:18:32 GMT by Adam Hookway
Paz - no re those two scenarios. Their PRs can get involved and as for the address we must rely on the registered details.
Only way to reduce timescales is to have all positive responses
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 10:02:45 GMT by Paz Stanley
Hi Adam, appreciate that you need to wait until 10 June for any response.  If no response by that date, are there any other steps that need to be undertaken before approving the claim? I'm trying to get a timeline of how long it will take following 10 June as this has caused a huge delay in the property sale/purchase chain.  Would be helpful to understand what additional steps need to be undertaken so I can manage my buyer's expectation.  Many thanks
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 10:19:49 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Paz - I have responded to your further post in the absence of my colleague. 

If there is no response by the deadline then we would aim to process the application as soon as possible after midday on the next working day.  I would anticipate us being able to complete the application within a couple of days. 

Hope this helps. 
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 11:38:51 GMT by Paz Stanley
Many thanks Nimish - that's helpful.  I'll check in again closer to the deadline
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 12:16:48 GMT by Paz Stanley
Hi, just wanted to check in to see if any response received yet from the registered owners?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 07:40:05 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Paz - no replies as yet
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 09:48:26 GMT by Paz Stanley
Thanks Adam
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 10:08:17 GMT by Paz Stanley
Hi, just wanted to check in again and see if any response received yet from the registered owners?
Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 12:52:11 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Paz - No response as yet. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in