Skip to main content
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 14:25:01 GMT by Jide O
Hello,

I completed on a property purchase yesterday. The title number is TGL300070.
I'm curious to know when Land Registry's records will be updated because I need to provide my ownership.

Also, is there a facility to expedite the update if it's not a quick process?

Thanks
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 14:34:07 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Jide - once submitted most applications to update a register will wait 4 months on average but that's very much an average.
If there's an urgency involved then you can request expedition but only after an application has been submitted. If you completed yesterday there is likely to be a time lag before that happens
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 16:20:01 GMT by Jide O
Thanks Adam. 
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 15:48:39 GMT by Jide O
Hello

My solicitor has now submitted an expedite request which has been accepted by the Land Registry. This is due to a dispute that has now arisen following the sale/purchase, so it is an extenuating circumstance which the Land Registry update will be helpful in resolving.

Could you please let me know roughly how long an expedite request takes to complete?

Thanks.
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 15:51:15 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello JIde - it's generally speaking processed within 10 days (usually within 3-5) and the 10 days is explained in the approval email. Everything then hinges on it being in order so if it's not the casework team contact the conveyancer.
TGL300070
Posted Thu, 08 Aug 2024 15:53:40 GMT by Jide O
Thanks Adam.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in