Skip to main content
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2023 10:17:02 GMT by Esther Pearl
Hello,

I am attempting to buy the property with title number EX241690. The seller's solicitors have applied to have one of the charges removed as the bank confirmed (after much chasing) that they no longer have financial interest in the property. I was told that the seller's solicitors have made the application for the charge to be removed and included a letter from the bank, and that the application to the Land Registry was expedited. The HM Land Registry reference is Y279SYS.

Could you please let me know if the seller's solicitors have provided all required information? My mortgage offer is getting close to expiry so I would like to ask my solicitors to follow up if the seller's solicitors need to provide you with more information.

Thank you and best wishes,
Esther
Posted Sat, 03 Jun 2023 06:12:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello Esther - it was submitted on the 18th May and expedited. It should therefore be processed shortly and hopefully, if in order, completed. We won't know if it's in order until processed
Posted Sun, 04 Jun 2023 07:37:59 GMT by Esther Pearl

Thank you Adam. I have signed up for the Land Registry property alerts for this property. Will the alerts let me know when the charge is removed? Or should I follow up in this forum?

Could you please let me know if there are queries on the application that the seller's solicitors need to answer? With my mortgage offer getting close to expiry I would like to know if I need to chase the solicitors to provide you with more information as soon as possible.

Thank you again and best wishes,

Esther

Posted Sun, 04 Jun 2023 07:45:59 GMT by Adam Hookway
Esther - the Property Alert service only notifies you on submission. Not on completion. 
Make a note to post again in a few days and we can check again for you
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 06:58:40 GMT by Esther Pearl
Good morning Adam,
Could you please check on the application to remove a charge from title number EX241690 and see if there has been any progress?
Thank you and best wishes,
Esther
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 07:13:32 GMT by Adam Hookway
GM Esther - it's been processed but we need more from the conveyancer. We contacted them on 5th and 6th June to explain what 'more' looks like. We await their full response to our last contact.
You'd need to speak to them to confirm and to clarify any specifics re what the 'more' is for example
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 07:45:12 GMT by Esther Pearl
Thank you Adam. I will ask my solicitors to chase the seller's solicitors again today.
Best wishes,
Esther

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in