Skip to main content
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 08:36:43 GMT by Emanuela Litchfield
Before starting divorce proceedings, I have sent the HR1 to the Land Registry, but my spouse hasn’t told or possibly not received confirmation.  I don’t want to ask as he’ll get angry and he may take action against me, if he hadn’t received.   Without the HR1 recorded, he can dispose of the house as he pleased, anytime.  How do I check?
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 09:02:41 GMT by Adam Hookway
Emanuela - if you have submitted a form HR1 then it takes priority from the date we receive it. It may then wait several weeks before it is processed hence he has yet to be notified by us, as yet.
Any purchaser would complete a search and be aware of your application so it would be very unusual for a disposal to happen
If you can share the title number I can check and confirm receipt for you
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 09:26:24 GMT by Emanuela Litchfield
Hi Adam,  thank you so much for your prompt reply.  The Title Number is WSX365667 and the email (apologies I only saw it!)  with the Registry Title attached says ‘applications are pending in HM Land Registry’. Does this mean that it has been received by the Land Registry?

I know that’s probably out of your scope, but do you think I should wait starting the divorce when the HR1 has been processed & a copy sent to my spouse or I can start now, as it’s pending and he can’t dispose of the house.

And sorry if I sound paranoid, but I’m dealing with a difficult situation. What if there’s a mistake in the application I sent & I need to do it again, does it mean the application is canceled until I send a new one?  Hence best to wait until it’s all done?

Thank you, Emanuela 
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 09:38:46 GMT by Adam Hookway
Emanuela - your form HR1 was received on 8th August so has priority from that date as explained.
The timing of your divorce proceedings is entirely up to you and if there's something wrong with the form we will contact you to remedy. It would not be cancelled in the way you suggest.
The form looks as if it's completed ok but I'll flag with colleagues to see it can be processed rather than you wait several weeks 
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 09:50:20 GMT by Emanuela Litchfield
Hi Adam,

You are an absolute star!

Looking forward to your update. 

Thank you! 

Emanuela
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 10:24:11 GMT by Adam Hookway
Emanuela - you should hear from us in writing in the next 10 days if all in order.
We will notify the registered owner at the address on the register also. 
So just wait for our contact to come through.
Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 15:37:55 GMT by Debra Caherty
HI,  I completed and posted a Hr1 form on the 9/10/2023 please can you confirm that you have received it?
many thanks,
Debra
Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 16:25:05 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hi Debra - What is the title number?
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 14:49:14 GMT by Debra Caherty

Hi Nimish,  The title number is AV78484 please can you confirm that you have received my application and if so whether it is being processed?  Thankyou

Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:59:55 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Debra - the form HR1 was received on 13th October. IT's waiting to be processed and that may not be for a while yet as we have a backlog of work. However your application and rights are protected from the 13th and we will contact you when it is processed/completed as appropriate
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 16:30:26 GMT by Debra Caherty
Hi Adam, Thankyou for your reply  that's great.
Thankyou
Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 00:49:47 GMT by Mamun Rashied

<p>This is Mamun Rashied. I applied for home rights with my 3 sons and sent the HR-1 from with recorded delivery on 16/10/2023.&#160;I will be obliged if let me know if your offices received the HR-1 form and how long it will take for the feedback. Also, if my application has been received and processed, have their home rights been protected for me and my sons? I look forward to hearing your kind feedback in this regard. My claim reference is (LR/HO) 08/23. The property reference no is : 17 Kent View Gardens Ilford IG3 8AQ.

Thanks.

Mamun

LR/HO) 17 Kent view Gardens Ilford IG3 8AQ.&lt;br&gt; Thanks.&lt;br&gt; Mamun</p>

Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 10:36:55 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Mamum - the application was received on the 18th so your rights are protected from that date. It may not be processed for a few months as we do have delays but please bear with us and wait for us to contact you as appropriate
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 11:03:04 GMT by Jennifer Anderson
Hi there, are you able to check my HR1 form has been received? Title number ND163789. Sent early last week. Many thanks. J

Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 12:29:29 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Jennifer - received 19th Oct.
Posted Sat, 28 Oct 2023 11:05:53 GMT by Carl Gallagher
Hi. Please can you check my HR1 form was received and processed I haven’t heard anything yet. Title plan DU310924. Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 17:10:25 GMT by Lydia .
Hi, I sent off the HR1 on 28th October 2023. I know there may be a delay in the process. My question is, does my rights start on the 28 october or when you receive the letter or when you finally process my application? Only concern as my husband is filling for divorce and concern about being evicted out of the family home. 
title number is EX619908
Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 10:03:36 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Lydia - your legal rights can exist with or without the Notice being registered so if you are fearful of being evicted then please do seek legal advice as those rights may not be solely dependent on whether there is a Notice on the register or an application pending to register. 
From a purely registration perspective the Notice is dated from the date of receipt, so 28th October. 
The application has 'priority' so for example a buyer checking the title would be made aware of that priority. Likewise their mortgage lender and they would not proceed with the purchase/mortgage until it was resolved/removed
If the divorce is finalised then the Notice would be removed on application
I'd recommend seeking legal advice as appropriate to understand not only what your legal rights are but also the impact of the Notice/form HR1 and what happens next re any sale/purchase and divorce
Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 10:23:56 GMT by Carl Gallagher
Hi Adam. 

could you please check DU310924. It’s been a few weeks now I’m a little worried. Thank you 
Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 11:37:37 GMT by Adam Hookway

Hi Carl - your application was added to the system on 30th October so is protected from that date

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in