Skip to main content
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2023 18:41:10 GMT by G S
Hello can you please tell me the application status of MS710126, this is linked to a sale and limited time on mortgage offer remaining.

Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:19:21 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hello G S - that's a first registration lodged on the 13th November. It was expedited on the 18th so should be considered/processed asap. Generally speaking expedition means it is processed within 10 working days so everything then depends on it being in order.
I should stress that it includes a form ST1 so the applicant is claiming ownership of the land. As such there are three key stages to pass
1. Initial consideration to see if the claim satisfies the legal requirements
2. A site visit to confirm the lie of the land and what's being claimed is supported by same
3. Wider checks with adjoining landowners to confirm consent or otherwise if they refute the claim
Stage 1 is generally passed within the initial 10 day period I mention.
If Stage 2 is required then the applicant/conveyancer are notified and a site visit arranged through Ordnance Survey
Stage 3 is only considered/actioned if Stages 1 and 2 complete satisfactorily
So even with expedition there is still some way to go as we can't hasten the OS survey or the stage 3 notifications.
In my experience you should expect to wait at least a further 6-8 weeks before it is possibly completed and the land registered. And that would only be if everything was fine at every stage and outcome.
I would recommend speaking to your conveyancer/lender as appropriate to discuss options and timeframes

Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:43:28 GMT by G S

Great many thanks for your update and the information.

Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2023 19:02:38 GMT by G S

Hello if its ok I'd like to check every week or so in case there is anything I can chase up my end with regards to the claim.

If possible could you also provide an update to me.

Thanks

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 08:36:06 GMT by Adam Hookway
G S - nothing to update as yet as with a senior technician to consider the facts of the claim and decide on next steps
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 09:52:35 GMT by G S

Good morning, just a check to see if there have been any updates please. Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 10:53:51 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M GS - we've contacted the conveyancer on 1st Dec with a request for more information so we are now waiting for their response. Hopefully they can confirm and share specific details with you as appropriate as well as advise when they hope to respond
Posted Thu, 14 Dec 2023 19:37:14 GMT by G S

Hello just seeing if there have been any updates over the last week.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:05:48 GMT by Adam Hookway
G S - the conveyancer has now replied and that response and additional information is now with a senior technician to decide next steps. We should know what they are, including if their reply was insufficient, early next week
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 11:00:31 GMT by G S

Great many thanks for the update.

Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 17:07:24 GMT by G S

Hello just wondering if there has been an update this week.

Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 09:05:00 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi G S - nothing as yet and apologies. These staged referrals can take longer than I might expect at times but will check in with the casework team to see if they can give us a better steer
Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 13:42:23 GMT by G S

Ok thanks, have a good break and Ill contact again the week of the 8th Jan 24.

Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 12:43:00 GMT by G S
Hello, hope the break went well. I have had a confirmation from my mortgage provider that I only have until towards the end of Feb as my mortgage offer expires and my early repayment charge will be lost, I'm currently in temp accommodation whilst waiting for the sale to transact. 

Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 15:30:29 GMT by Nimish Patel
Hello GS - I can see that a survey has been instructed by one of our lawyers on 27 Dec.  The survey is usually carried out by Ordnance Survey on our behalf and would normally take a couple of weeks, though the Christmas period may add to it. 

As the application has already been approved for expedite, we will aim to process it as a priority. 
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:03:07 GMT by G S
Good morning, just checking if any further updates at the moment. Thanks

Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:17:53 GMT by Adam Hookway
G M G S - the survey process is now underway with the solicitor/applicant being notified on 4th Jan of what was required from them etc
They would be better placed at this stage to confirm when any survey has taken place or will take place as we will be waiting for a report to be submitted and that's not happened as yet
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:24:22 GMT by G S

OK thanks Ill chase up with them.

Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 11:18:41 GMT by G S
Hello just checking if there are any updates.
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 11:56:45 GMT by Nimish Patel
GS - We have received the survey report and the it is now being considered by one of our lawyers. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in