Skip to main content
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 06:56:11 GMT by Dee Stephenson
We bought a bungalow, obtained local authority planning to demolish it and rebuild a new chalet bungalow.
The land borders remain unchanged and the footprint of the property are pretty much the same.
Our local authority operate a community infrastructure levy for new builds and for us to get exemption they want our title deeds, etc. I sent what we have from when we purchased the property but they are saying they need updating to reflect the new dwelling. Can you let me know where and how I do this or obtain these please?
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 07:00:35 GMT by Adam Hookway
Dee - we register the land and general boundaries so won;t routinely update the title plan to reflect changes to buildings on said land.
If they are insisting in the way described then you should use our contact form to submit your request along with a copy of their letter or insistance to ask us to consider updating the title plan as appropriate
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 07:07:57 GMT by Dee Stephenson
Thank you. I did use the contact form over a week ago but have had no reply or response from it. We have a time limit to get it done by so hope they respond soon. Meanwhile I will go back to the council and let them know your response
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 07:33:13 GMT by Adam Hookway
Dee - understood and responses can take a little longer to be issued although I can't see a record o a contact using the email address you have used here.
Did you get an enquiry reference you can share so I can close it out?
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 08:05:56 GMT by Dee Stephenson

Hi Adam

Please see below the email I sent last Tuesday.

I did not receive any acknowledgement of the email so do not have an enquiry reference I'm afraid.

If I don't need these documents updated I could go back to the council if you can give me something to go back to them with stating that I don't need them?

Thank you for your help, it really is appreciated!

Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 09:02:28 GMT by Adam Hookway
Hi Dee - that's not us at gov.uk but a third party website offering a variety of information/services 

If the comms from 'Barry' is the 'insistence' comms then it reads to me as if they need a copy of the title plan showing the land outlined in red. It's possible, but they can confirm, that they were thinking you'd bought additional land and built on it 
I'd suggest going back to them to explain that the new dwelling is on the existing title and provide them with a copy of the title plan and see what they advise

I've edited your post to remove the details shared for privacy reasons
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 10:00:22 GMT by Dee Stephenson
Thank you Adam for your prompt replies.

I had already sent this through but I have re-sent them now explaining what you have said so hopefully this will be enough.
I'll let you know!
Thanks again for all of your help
Dee 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.

Sign in